St. Leo’s College Kyegobe is a boys-O and A-level Boarding Secondary School located 3kms from the centre of Fort Portal town in Kabarole District in Western Uganda.
It was founded on 1st September 1921 by the White Fathers Catholic Missionaries. It has a national reputation in both academics and sports.
It draws students from all parts of the country as well as the East African region and beyond. Some of its alumina and students come from Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Sudan and India.
Students are prepared for both Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) and Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE). As a comprehensive college, all science subjects, Literature in English, Computer Studies, Fine Art and Technical Drawing are offered in addition to the ordinary arts subjects.
The college was recently expanded and improved by the Ministry of Education and Sports under the ADB Education IV project. A number of new structures are in place and some existing buildings have been renovated to give the College a new look.
The College administration comprises of the head teacher –Mr. Rujumba Aloysius Sunday, three deputies; Mr. Bagonza Edward (in charge of discipline), Mr. Ojuka Fred (in charge of welfare) and Mr. Waako Francis (in charge of academics), two Directors of Studies; Mr. Asiimwe Francis (in charge of O-level), and Mr. Ahimbisibwe Gideon (in charge of A-level).